It is important to know your rights. If you are stopped or arrested remember the following!
- You have the right to remain silent and refuse to answer questions.
- Anything you do or say may be used against you in a court of law.
- You have the right to consult an attorney before speaking to the police and to have an attorney present during questioning.
- If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be appointed to you.
- If you decide to answer questions without an attorney, you have the right to stop answering questions at any time.
Have a question? Need help?